Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Trinity Vol 1: Better Together by Francis Manapul


I love these heroes. Whenever there is a series with these three I have to read it. Big thanks to DC Comics and Netgalley for allowing me to read this for a review. I loved the weekly series Trinity back when Infinite Crisis had the 52 weeks series going on. I had high hopes for this book and I can say I wasn't let down. 

So Rebirth Spoiler here. In New 52 the Superman we had been following died of nothing more than Kryptonian Cancer. All this time a Superman had been in hiding on the Earth with his wife Lois Lane and a son Jonathan. Turns out he is the sSuperman we used to follow before Flashpoint. Some how he has moved to a new Earth and now that their Superman is gone he has come out of hiding to help the people of this Earth. 

This book starts out with a dinner party. Bruce and Diana were invited to Clark's home to have dinner so they could all get to know him and he could get to Bruce and Diana. The best part of that is watching Bruce be a normal person at a dinner party. Afterwords the three of them went for a walk. Next thing Clark knows he is waking up in Smallville with his dad and a younger version of himself. All three of our heroes find themselves in earlier versions of themselves reliving the most depressing moments of there life. Fortunately for our heroes they are together and the adventure begins. 

I really liked the story but then again I am bias towards these characters when they are together. My disappointment for the Superman books during New 52 has been well voiced in my blog here, but I have enjoyed learning more and more about the Superman I remember. The art work in the book could have been better. I wasn't all that impressed with it but the covers art was great. Each book featured a hero front and center in there own story and I really enjoyed it. 







I really liked this book and I am looking forward to volume 2. I want to see the relationship between these three heroes grow all over again. I give this book 4 out of 5 stars. I have been a fan of Rebirth so far but I have a lot of questions that still haven't been answered. Here is hoping some of them start getting answered so. I do recommend giving this book a read. It was quite enjoyable.


No comments:

Post a Comment