Wednesday, May 10, 2017

The Crossing by Michael Connelly


I have been a big fan of Michael Connelly's for a very long time. Harry Bosch is one of my favorite detectives and I have also enjoyed the Mickey Haller novels. Its a good thing that I enjoy these two characters because the last few books Connelly have written haven;t fit in one series or the other but they fit in both. Now that we know Bosch and Haller are half brothers they tend to cross over more and more in these books. I'm ok with that. I love a good crossover and these two work well together to enhance the plot. Most people would think, of course they are going to work well together since they were written by the same author. That isn't always the case and trying to get two completely different and, in a way, opposing characters to work this well is pure talent. 

This book's title has so many meanings the crossing means so much to different people. In this book the title has two meanings. One is Bosch's battle to make sure he doesn't cross over the line between police officer and the defense. These two worlds rarely play nice together and always seem to fight back and forth, especially during trial. The second meaning is the point in every case where the victims life crosses over with the perp's. Not only is Bosch fighting his own situation but he has to take this closed case and investigate it to prove that his gut feeling that Haller's client really is innocent.

This book was great and I am so glad I caught up (sort of) to where Bosch is at becuase I like following him through his trouble with the department and trying to brave the world of a teenage daughter. There was a few slower parts in the book but life has to have those moments every now and then. I give this book 4 out of 5 stars and would recommend this to any Harry Bosch or Mickey Haller fan.  


No comments:

Post a Comment