Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Green Lanterns Vol 2: The Phantom Lantern by Sam Humphries


My favorite Green Lantern is Hal Jordan with Kyle Rayner a very close second. It took a long time for me to get into the Green Lantern Corps series which I started to read when Blackest Night began. I'm a fan of Green Lantern and I tried to keep up through New 52 so I got to see Simon Baz become a Green Lantern and I was a little uneasy with his picking up as yet another Lantern of Earth. Rebirth started and I had to find out what is going on with the missing Corps and what is going on with Hal since he was outcast from the Corp and using a Renegade ring. So I requested this series not knowing what to expect. 

This series hasn't disappointed yet.I have been so impressed with the plot and artwork in these books that I am already looking forward to Vol 3 when ever it comes out. I have to thank NetGalley and DC Comics for letting me read these for reviews. I am thoroughly hooked on this series and Lantern Jessica is a close second to Hal Jordan in my favorite Lanterns.

So what is the Phantom Ring? This is the very first ring ever crafted by the Guardians of the Universe.  Anyone can wield this ring because it doesn't choose the bearer and taps into the complete emotional spectrum. Like the White ring that Kyle Rayner has been given it taps into fear, rage, will, and all the other emotions bit the Phantom ring brings a power that is to much to handle. Jessica and Simon have been doing their best to protect this ring and the Guardian who forged it but it gets out and finds the most delusional and deranged peson hell bent on becoming a Green Lantern.

Jessica and Simon will have to find this Phantom Lantern, while trying to find the Guardian and rescue him. In order to accomplish this they will have to face their greatest enemies, themselves. As Green Lanterns they are chosen because they can overcome great fear. This book tests these characters and I loved it. I highly recommend this book and one of the things I have to admit really getting a kick out of is the beginning of the book when it is Halloween. This book is easily a 5 out of 5 read. Love this series and can't wait to see what happens next with these two new Lanterns. 


No comments:

Post a Comment