Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps: Rebirth Vol 1 by Robert Venditti


I have been nothing but impressed with the DC Universe since Rebirth. Ever Volume 1 I have read so far has been an absolute outstanding story. I have read Green Lanterns Vol 1 and I was a little lost about what had exactly happened to Hal Jordan and The missing Corps and this book is exactly what I was needing. 

As we leave New 52 Hal Jordan has become a Renegade or Outlaw if you will. Hal is taking all of the Sins of the guardians and the corps from the Guardians trying to wipe out the corps, to the depletion of the pool of the emotional spectrum. Hal decides if corps are to survive these recent events he needs to become the villain the Corps needs him to be.  This book opens with us getting to see where Hal is and the beginning of the changes he is under. This is one of the best monologues I have read in awhile. We see the change from Dresden Files Green Lantern to the powerhouse Hal Jordan should be. Goosebumps is all I will say when I read the line "My name is Hal Jordan". Rebirth has been amazing and I love getting back to the way these heroes used to be. 

So the Green Lantern Corps has finally found there way to this universe and they need to rebuild. The Corps has been stripped to the bare bones of members and their power levels are not as strong as they need to be. If getting the Corps back up and running wasn't enough of a problem Sinestro is dying and the Yellow Lanterns have become the peace keepers of the Universe. Just as Sinestro is at his lowest he brings the energy being of fear, Parallax into his body to regenerate him and give him power beyond anything he has ever had before. Sinestro having mind bending power, control of Warworld and an army of Yellow Lanterns who gain power from those terrified around them is the absolute worst case scenario for any Lantern. 
This book is fantastic. I read this in one sitting with my wonderful kids bugging the heck out of me. I still didn't give up and was able to fly through this very well written story. I have said this several times so far and it still remains true. I can't wait to see what happens next. 5 out of 5 stars. 


No comments:

Post a Comment