Monday, March 20, 2017

Beauty and the Beast (2017)


I can't tell you how long it has been since I saw a movie on opening weekend. I think the last one I saw opening weekend was one of the Harry Potter Movies or Batman Begins. I always waited a week or two so I could get a good seat without having to be there 2 hours early. Now with reserved seating this isn't a problem. So I decided I was going to take my wife out for a much needed date night. To be honest, I would be lying if I didn't tell you that I was looking forward to seeing this movie myself. Writing that makes me feel like I need to run out and punch someone just to feel a little more manly. Think about this from a guys point of view. A beautiful brunet who loves books and doesn't mind dating a guy who looks less than handsome makes her my favorite of the Disney Princess. Thankful I found my Belle to my Beast. My wife loves books just as much as I do.

This movie was very well done. Turning a cartoon into a live action version isn't a small feat and Disney has done a very good job so far doing this. The characters are fantastic and the cast is even better. I didn't know anyone who was in this movie except for Emma Watson and Dan Stevens so I really enjoyed seeing all the different actors I knew in these perfect roles. I know Ian McKellen was Cogsworth but the rest was a surprise to me. Josh Gad did an amazing job as LeFou, and Luke Evans was perfect for the role of Gaston. To be honest I have really enjoyed Luke Evans in everything I have seen him in so he is one of those actors I will go out of my way to watch. Hea was really good in the Hobbit movies and Dracula Untold. The rest of the cast was just fantastic also and it made this movie that much better. 

You would have to be living under a rock if you don't know the story of Belle and the Beast so I wont bore you with the summary. What I will tell you is this movie brings in more backstory of what happened and why the castle is cursed. There are also all the original songs you know and love but one or two were added to this movie and they fit perfectly. The orchestra was so good that I got goose bumps from the overture and songs that while I waited for my wife to get out of the bathroom after the movie I bought the soundtrack right there in the theater. Thank you iTunes. I also to the opportunity to pre-order the movie too. 

We really enjoyed this movie and agree that if we had more disposable income we would go see this again. If you are a fan of this movie in its original form then I highly recommend you go see this. The nostalgia alone is worth it. It was also worth it to listen to my wife quietly recite the lines that are word for word right out of the cartoon. I give this movie a  5 out of 5. 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment